I accompany people on the journey of asking “How do I trust myself? How do I listen to my body? How do I make decisions that feel right?” My mission is to help us remember that our wisdom is trustworthy, our desires are vital, and that we don’t do this alone. I offer spaces to gather together to remember how to trust ourselves, feel connected to others, and to cultivate ease, strength, and pleasure in our lives.
True Hunger is focused on helping you reconnect with, and reclaim, your body, mind, emotions, and soul from diet culture. This means learning what you are truly hungry for, and trusting your hunger, instead of staying stuck in body insecurity and preoccupation with food.
On a deeper level, this 8-week course is designed to help you decrease tolerating what isn’t nourishing and to tap into what will actually satisfy you. For some this might be a sense of purpose and belonging. For others this might be simply feeling your body and emotions for the first time in a long time.
While each woman’s hunger is different, True Hunger is a map to help you remember how to live more peacefully and powerfully in your body and life.
Through individual therapy and personal inquiry,
I help you learn how to listen to the messages of your body. Using mindfulness skills and guidance, I help you tune into your own intuition and internal compass.
My speciality and passion is working with young women– adolescents and young adults– who are stepping into the truth of who they are. I use a psychospiritual model to empower young women to embrace their authentic voices in world that often tries to make them smaller.
Maybe you feel like you’ve followed the rules, done everything “right” and still don’t feel like it’s enough. Maybe your relationship with your body, food, and hunger feels overly complicated and stressful. My focus is to help you listen to, trust, and empower your own voice to build the life you want.
- Teens and young adults who want to understand and change food, body, and eating concerns
- Teens and young adults who are struggling with self-worth and self-esteem
- People wanting to learn DBT skills
- People who feel life has lost the pleasure, meaning, and spark it once had
- People in transition periods… wanting to make changes and not feeling sure how or what direction to take
- Session 1: Identifying goals. Getting to know one another. Legal documents. Immediate, short-term skill recommendations as needed.
- Sessions 2-5: Identify problems, goals, patterns you want to explore and address. Begin exploring new skills, new resources within yourself. Build therapeutic relationship and trust. I will often give homework to help you continue our work in the “real world”.
- Sessions 5-15: Hone and strengthen newly identified internal and external resources. Continue building new skills. Problem solve what is working and not working. Continue homework practices.
- Sessions 15 onwards: Either deepen personal work to explore long-held patterns, beliefs, and traumas. Or explore future goals and desires for your life. Ending therapy is determined by your desires and needs.
*These are merely options for what to expect in therapy. Depending on assessment and needs, content and flow of therapy will vary.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) at Columbia University
- Gestalt Psychotherapy at Gestalt Associates for Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) andInterpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Indigenous Wisdom Traditions including Ritual and Ceremony through Four Winds Society
- Northwestern University, BA Art History; Evanston, IL
- Columbia University, MSSW Clinical Social Work; NYC
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Intensive Training and Internship; Columbia University, NYC
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Training; St. John’s University, NYC
- Attachment, Regulation, and Competency (ARC) Training; Mt. Sinai Hospital Center, NYC
- Gestalt Psychotherapy Training at Gestalt Associates for Psychotherapy, NYC
- Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) Training, Boulder, CO
- Four Winds Society, Light Body School for Shamanic Energy Healing
- Pacifica Graduate Institute, Ph.D. (in progress), Santa Barbara, CA